Sunday, October 26, 2008

Surly Brewery Tour

Surly Brewing Company
So after a bit of organizing, some friends and I found a Friday that would work for the Surly Tour! The thing that excited me most was the free tour, which meant "free happy hour Friday"! Plus, I love tours and yes, that seals my status as nerd.

This brewery is small! But bare in mind the last one I toured was Lienie's, so that isn't fair for me to judge. But the fact that the entire tour could be conducted in one room was amazing to me. They just have one machine to can all the beer. Just one!

The man that conducts the tour is the owner/founder/CEO and he is adorable. I was fine with him talking about himself and his company for like an hour and half. I could have easily seen myself be annoyed by that, but I wasn't, he was fun to listen too. Plus, at anytime we could return to the bar and get a refill on the beer!

This is a fun way to start the weekend, I highly recommend it!

We missed Darkness (the newest in the family of Surly's) by like two weeks, but we did get to sample:

  • Furious, American IPA
  • Bender, Oatmeal Brown Ale
  • Cynic Ale, Belgian Saison (no wheat!)
  • Coffee Bender, Coffee Brown Ale


~Posted by Ann

No comments: