Monday, October 27, 2008

Cooking classes around town

The last Community Education class that I took I raced home to find my yoga pants. I don't use yoga pants for yoga, I wear them as fat pants -- they stretch so well! I had just returned from consuming my body weight in Indian food. Indian food that I made! And it was good - darn good. So I thought I would take a moment to send a shout out to some of the cooking classes I have taken around town...maybe some of the lesser known ones...

Minneapolis Community Ed
Yes, community ed is hit or miss. I have taken enough classes to know that there are a few good ones out there! So give it a try - you never know!

Mississippi Market
After you take the homemade mozzarella class you will wish that everything you touched turned into fresh mozzarella!

Byerly's
All classes are $10 per person and are of the demonstration kind. At the completion of each class, registered attendees receive a $10 coupon for the culinary and gift basket shops at Byerly’s in St. Louis Park. So in a way it is like getting your money back, so even if the class isn't your favorite, you don't lose out too much!

Whole Foods
I think most of the classes are around $20. They are like the Byerly's classes, in the sense that it is demonstration. Although, they do have a sushi class where you get to roll.

For all these classes, be sure to arrive hungry! I am amazed at the amount of food I get to eat.

No comments: