Friday, October 22, 2010

Chicago

This spring I had a conference in Chicago and I had to take advantage and extend my time just a bit. I didn't spend an extra night, I just spent a few extra hours and got to see a lot! Funny how different time can pass on my couch vs real life!

First the views from my hotel room weren't half bad...
And my co-worker and I got to eat at some fantastic spots. One night was at a great Italian restaurant and the next was at Uno Pizza - where they happened to be filming a show for the Travel channel! If I am on camera, it would only be because of the funny faces I was making at my co-worker's kid.

So conference over and I have 6 hours to kill before I need to think about the airport, so I headed for the Field Museum.
So the part of the museum that holds the dioramas and taxidermied animals... well it scared me. Freak me out. I swear to you, I looked in the eyes of this beast I think it blinked:

Then I fled to the mummies and tombs, not sure if it settled my soul:
And then the totem poles of Alaska (I think it was Alaska), are messed up:
Next I was off to the dinosaur bones and I even caught the 3D movie - sure it was geered a bit towards the kids, but whatever, I enjoyed it and it did not freak me out.

Well best be heading out and see a few more sites... like the Married with Children Fountain!
I waited forever for this water show to happen, but it was a lovely day and I enjoyed my ice cream cone and book while I waited.

Finally Millennium park. There are some weird things scattered about this park, but I enjoyed a nice stroll in my last fleeting moments in Chicago...









No comments: