Friday, January 25, 2008

Gigi's Cafe

Gigi's Cafe
Address: 822 West 36th Street in Minneapolis, MN
Website: http://gigisuptown.com/

Pizza night! We stumbled in there from the cold to discover it was Pizza Night! That means you get a 12" pizza (meat or veggie) with a bottle of wine (pick from a selection of 4) for $20!! Excellent deal! I got a side salad to go with my pizza. The dressing tasted like pure olive oil to me, but luckily the greens were so fresh and tasty, I found I didn't even need dressing. There was a little confusion with the pizza also, we thought we picked the toppings from the long list of veggies on the specials menu, but it turns out you don't customize the veggie (or meat), you get everything that is listed. The pizza was piled with a bit too many mushrooms for me, but I managed. The crust was wonderful, had that homemade quality to it.

Once we finished the pizza we discovered we still had half a bottle of wine left. So we decided that to hang onto our table we had to get a dessert. Right? You just have to get a dessert in situations like that. It was agreed upon that the brownie would do. Yummy! Maybe a little dry, but I found it wasn't hard to eat.

I have also visited this joint for brunch and that was lovely. Just be prepared, this place can really fill up quick.

And take heed: After you finished off that bottle of wine and quickly left your table so the next person could sit down, did you discover you might have left something behind? Well check out the Lost and Found link online, you might be reunited there!


~posted by Ann

1 comment:

Doe said...

thank you for this!-neville